Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Review #1 - Arcade Fire's The Suburbs


It has been over 3 years since Arcade Fire has released any material of any sort. Though today they released their full length third album, The Suburbs. I bought the album today along with Lady GaGa's The Remix (which a review will be in a later blog).

The album is rich in sound and different tones to underline each song. I feel their song writing is at their best on this album, it certainly has no filler tracks and I found that the flow from song to song in the tracklisting to be quite complimentary. Certain tracks do indeed stick out more than others, but that the case with most albums by any artist. The band chose a good, strong single to be the initial single for the album; the very involved title track. It has a great structure and a catchy chorus. Arcade Fire has always been good at doing that and this album shows it. It has some outstanding tracks and most have a good sound key to the album's tone. Good work, I'm loving this album right now.

Not much is needed to be talked of with this album other than it was worth the money and if you're into a soundscape of different guitar signatures and various genre stylings than this album is for you. I really enjoyed it. I wish I could put into words more of how I feel about it but it is difficult after only listening to it once thus far. Maybe I'll revisit this review later on in the future? Before I close this (and every other review from here on out) I will leave a rating out of 10 and offer my idea for signature, key songs to listen to.

Rating - 10/10 (Contender of Album of the Year for me along a few other notable albums!)

Check out - The Suburbs, Modern Man, Suburban War and Month of May

No comments:

Post a Comment